Our local system is blessed with an abundant supply of water that is essentially unaffected in times of drought. Practicing effective water conservation is good stewardship of this priceless resource.
Current State Outdoor Water Use Schedule
Uses Allowed Daily from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Uses Allowed Daily at Any Time by Anyone --
- Any planting, growing, managing, or maintaining of ground cover, trees, shrubs, or other plants by anyone whose water is supplied by a public water system.
Uses Allowed Only on Odd/Even Schedule --
- Commercial agricultural operations as defined in Code Section 1-3-3;
- Capture and reuse of cooling system condensate or storm water in compliance with applicable local ordinances and state guidelines;
- Reuse of gray water in compliance with Code Section 31-3-5.2 and applicable local board of health regulations adopted pursuant thereto;
- Use of reclaimed waste water by a designated user from a system permitted by the Environmental Protection Division of the department to provide reclaimed waste water;
- Irrigation of personal food gardens;
- Irrigation of new and replanted plant, seed, or turf in landscapes, golf courses, or sports turf fields during installation and for a period of 30 days immediately following the date of installation;
- Drip irrigation or irrigation using soaker hoses;
- Handwatering with a hose with automatic cutoff or handheld container;
- Use of water withdrawn from private water wells or surface water by an owner or operator of property if such well or surface water is on said property;
- Irrigation of horticultural crops held for sale, resale, or installation;
- Irrigation of athletic fields, golf courses, or public turf grass recreational areas;
- Installation, maintenance, or calibration of irrigation systems; or
- Outdoor use for any purposes other than watering of plants, such as power washing or washing cars, is still restricted to the current odd/even watering schedule.
- Odd-numbered addresses can water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Even-numbered and unnumbered addresses are allowed to water on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
For More on Water Conservation
Check out the Environmental Protection Division's Water Conservation Web Page for the most up-to-date State of Georgia watering restrictions information.