Call to Order – Chairman White called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. Board members present were J. B. White, Mitch McEwen, Harvey Norris, Bob Harris and Wesley Keber; staff members present were Marcie Seleb & Joyce Hosey.
Opening Prayer – Mr. Norris opened the meeting with a prayer.
Approval of Minutes from Previous Meetings – Mr. Harris made a motion to dispense with the reading of the minutes from the March 17, 2009 meeting and approve the same. This was seconded by Mr. Keber and approved unanimously.
Transmission Main- Ms. Seleb advised the Board that there have been severe erosion problems on George Tate Drive and behind Buttrill Court. Because the contractor, Sweetgrass, did not address erosion issues adequately, the Authority dispatched a crew to do emergency stabilization during the heavy rains in early April. Sweetgrass will be back-charged for this work. Photographs of erosion are attached and made a part of these minutes.
Awards – Ms. Seleb advised the Board of the awards that were recently presented to Authority facilities by the Georgia Association of Water Professionals: ninth consecutive Platinum Award for the Burford (Ocmulgee) Plant; ninth consecutive Platinum Award for the Bucksnort Ranch Land Application System; second consecutive Gold Award for Stewart (Towaliga) Plant; also, a 2007 Water Fluoridation Quality Award from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Higgins Road – Ms. Seleb advised the Board that the pipe has already been strung along the right of way on Higgins Road and construction should start the last week of April.
- Water Distribution Certification Course – Ms. Seleb advised the Board that a Water Distribution Certification Course is scheduled for the Authority’s staff for April 20 – 23. This will be held at the Authority’s shop and is being provided by the Georgia Rural Water Association.
- Hamm Road – Ms. Seleb advised the Board that the Hamm Road design is nearly complete and the Authority will need to get easements from Georgia Power & Strickland Estate.
- IDA Property – Ms. Seleb advised the Board that she is pushing the engineer to complete sewer plans for the IDA property.
- Stimulus Priority Funding List – Ms. Seleb advised the Board that the Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority will announce April 16 if any projects have been added to their Stimulus Priority Funding List.
Operation Statistics – Ms. Seleb went over the water and sewer statistics for the month of March 2009. Water billing was up from the previous month at $166,656, with an active customer base of 5,152. Compared to March 2008, water billing was up 12% with usage up 10%. Sewer billing for the month was up from the previous month at $24,126 with an active customer base of 125.
The average daily water pumped to the Authority, Jackson and Jenkinsburg from the Ocmulgee and Stewart plants were 1.9, with maximum of 2.2 MGD. The rolling 12-month averages loss of 12.8%. The total amount of water pumped in March 2009 per plant was: Ocmulgee – 53 MG; Stewart – 6 MG. The average wastewater sprayed at the Bucksnort Ranch LAS was .250/.550 MGD with a maximum 7-day effluent of .314/.550 MGD.
A copy of these statistics is attached and made a part of these minutes.
Financial Report – Ms. Seleb went over the financial summary for Water & Sewer Operations and SPLOST through March 2009. A copy of these statistics is attached and made a part of these minutes.
Review Bills Paid – Board members reviewed check registers and credit card statements for the month of March 2009. A copy of the check registers is attached and made a part of these minutes.
Adjourn – A motion was made by Mr. McEwen to adjourn meeting at 6:30 p.m. This was seconded by Mr. Keber and approved unanimously.