Standard Payment Policy
- Bills are sent out on the first day of each month. Bills shall be paid by the fifteenth (15th) day of the month. Payments received after the fifteenth (15th) day are assessed a 10% late fee.
- If payment has not been made by 5:00 p.m. on the 45th day after mailing, service will be disconnected. A $35.00 fee must be paid to reconnect service. There will be an additional $40.00 reconnect fee for reconnections made before 8:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m. Failure to receive bill does not exempt customer from penalties for late payment.
- Click here to see our current rates.
Other Board Policies Regarding Bill Payment
- Customers will be allowed a maximum of two time extensions per year for payment of water bill. This applies to late payment penalties, warning fees, and reconnect fees.
- When two checks or bank drafts have been returned for insufficient funds on a customer’s account, all accounts in that customer’s name will be placed on a permanent “cash or credit card only” basis unless the customer can provide written documentation from their bank of overdraft protection on the account. If, in spite of the documentation of overdraft protection, a third payment is returned for insufficient funds, the customer will be on a permanent “cash or credit card only” basis with no further recourse.
- During service disconnections for non-payment, field service personnel may accept payment by check or money order if approached by the customer during the initial cut-off or when responding to an after-hours call. Field service personnel cannot accept cash or credit card receipts from customers. Field personnel will not knock on the customer’s door, but will leave cut-off notice on outside of what appears to be the most used entry-way.
- In certain situations where there appear to be fraud or abuse, the Authority may terminate service to all accounts held in the name of a particular customer until all of a customer’s accounts are brought up to a current status in keeping with the Authority’s policies, specifications, and applicable Butts County ordinances.