- Online– Payments may be paid online by going to our Payment Portal. You have the option of paying without a username or password. Their is a $2.00 convenience for every $100.00 for this service. You can check your billing history and balance on this site.
- Bank Draft – This is the easy way to make sure your bill is paid on time every month. We will be glad to set up a monthly draft from any checking account. You will still get a bill each month, but it will show that your account has been drafted. This will be done as close as possible to the regular due date. Click here to access the form you need to begin. Bring the completed form with a voided check to our office at 100 West Second Street in Jackson to complete the setup.
- Bank Bill Pay Services – You can pay by using the online bill pay services of your bank. Just remember that those services send us a paper check– which may take a week to ten days to be delivered.
- We still take payments the old-fashioned way– in person! Come in to see us at 100 West Second Street on the Square in Jackson. There is an after-hours drop box on the front door. You can mail your payment to us at P.O. Box 145, Jackson, Georgia 30233.
Standard Payment Policy
- Bills are sent out on the first day of each month. Bills shall be paid by the fifteenth (15th) day of the month. Payments received after the fifteenth (15th) day are assessed a 10% late fee.
- If payment has not been made by 5:00 p.m. on the 45th day after mailing, service will be disconnected. If payment has not been made by 5:00 p.m. on the 45th day after mailing, a $35.00 nonpayment fee will be added and service will be disconnected.
- For reconnects requested between the hours of 5:00 p.m. & 9:00 p.m., or on the weekends, a fee of $40.00 will be charged to cover after-hours staff costs. No reconnects will be made between 9:00 p.m. & 8:00 a.m. On-call staff can be reached at 678-228-7905.
- Failure to receive bill does not exempt customer from penalties for late payment.
- Click here to see our current rates.
Other Board Policies Regarding Bill Payment
- Customers will be allowed a maximum of two time extensions per year for payment of water bill. This applies to late payment penalties, warning fees, and reconnect fees.
- When two checks or bank drafts have been returned for insufficient funds on a customer’s account, all accounts in that customer’s name will be placed on a permanent “cash or credit card only” basis unless the customer can provide written documentation from their bank of overdraft protection on the account. If, in spite of the documentation of overdraft protection, a third payment is returned for insufficient funds, the customer will be on a permanent “cash or credit card only” basis with no further recourse.
- During service disconnections for non-payment, field service personnel may accept payment by check or money order if approached by the customer during the initial cut-off or when responding to an after-hours call. Field service personnel cannot accept cash or credit card receipts from customers. Field personnel will not knock on the customer’s door, but will leave cut-off notice on outside of what appears to be the most used entry-way.
- In certain situations where there appear to be fraud or abuse, the Authority may terminate service to all accounts held in the name of a particular customer until all of a customer’s accounts are brought up to a current status in keeping with the Authority’s policies, specifications, and applicable Butts County ordinances.