Water Treatment Operator – This position is responsible for water treatment and maintenance of the treatment plant for the Butts County, et al. Water & Sewer Authority while training to be a certified plant operator. The major duties are:
- Performs all duties under operator authority.
- Assists in collecting water samples and conducting laboratory tests to help determine the chemical composition of the water.
- Applies chemicals as directed to maintain water quality.
- Assists in monitoring the flow of finished water for distribution throughout Butts County.
- Operates a variety of equipment including pumps and valves to regulate water flow into the plant as directed.
- Documents all activities and records regular data under operator supervision.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair on system equipment including pumps, valves, motors and the electrical system.
- Maintains grounds and cleans facilities.
- Attends continuing education and prepares to obtain Class III certification.
- Performs related duties.
Employment applications are available at the main office, located at 100 W 2nd Street, Jackson, GA 30233 or by clicking here. Get a Job Application